Grantwriting for Indigenous
Artists & Curators
Artists need time and money to make work and present it to the public.
Public funding for the arts plays a crucial role in that process, but most artists
and curators find successful grantwriting a challenge. What works? What to avoid?
How do juries function? What are the programs at the arts councils dedicated to Indigenous artists about? How can applicants be successful?
- This free, day-long workshop for Indigenous artists & curators will feature:
• guest speakers sharing their knowledge and experience writing successful grants
• officers from the Canada Council for the Arts and the Ontario Arts Council explaining grant programs and offering advice
• opportunities for one-on-one meetings to discuss project ideas
• follow-up mentorships for up to five participants.
Tia Cavanagh (inter-disciplinary arts and community-based projects)
Nadia McLaren (Visual and Media Arts)
Nick Ferrio (Music)
Ryan Rice (Visual Arts Curator)
William Kingfisher (Curator and Art Historian)
Couzyn van Heuvelen (Visual Arts)
JL Watson – Canada Council for the Arts
Maura Broadhurst – Ontario Arts Council
Where: Nogojiwanong Friendship Centre
580 Cameron St, Peterborough, ON K9J 3Z5
When: November 23rd, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Want more info?