Join our dedicated team at the Electric City Culture Council and support the local arts, culture and heritage sector. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in arts management and administration, marketing and communications and arts program planning and delivery.
Electric City Culture Council (EC3)
Canada Summer Jobs 2020/2021
Job Title: Arts Program and Production Assistant
The Arts Program and Production Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and production duties supporting the planning and delivery of Artsweek SHIFT, a six-month-long program of pop-up arts events and activities in Peterborough, and Artsweek 2021, a 10-day, multi-disciplinary arts festival in the City of Peterborough, as well as activities related to Peterborough Arts Awards and Peterborough Arts Alive. These duties will include:
- Supporting the EC3 Program Coordinator and Artsweek 2021 Artistic Producer in event planning, production activities (workplans and schedules) and administrative record-keeping (mapping, permits, site discovery, etc.)
- Communicating with artists and venues, outreach to program partners including schools, businesses, community groups and other arts, culture and heritage institutions, meeting reports and action plans
- General management support including receiving and delivering contracts, updating budgets, filing and printing
- Volunteer recruitment, training and recognition plans
- Organizing venues and amenities such as catering, seating, signage, etc.
- Developing and maintaining Artsweek photo/video documentation and archives
- Assisting with program analytics and evaluation
- Festival follow-up, returns, thanks yous, etc.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position; you must be 30 years of age or under.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, plan and organize projects from beginning to end
- Good writing and communications skills
- Good judgment and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a team
- At least some post-secondary education
- Social media skills are an asset
- Knowledge of the arts and the Peterborough community are a definite asset
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 14-week position starts in early November, ends mid-February
Location: Peterborough Ontario (site home office)
Hourly Rate of Pay: $14.75 per hour
Start Date: November 30, 2020
Application Deadline: November 23, 2020
To Apply: Please send your covering letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
EC3 welcomes applications from people who identify as Indigenous, disabled, Deaf, LGBTQ+ or visible minority candidates.