EC3 is Hiring, City Grant Programs, OAC Funding, and More
It’s November, and there’s lots brewing at EC3 and across the arts sector. EC3 is hiring for two Canada Summer Jobs positions and getting prepped for our AGM, the City of Peterborough has opened their Community Investment and Project Grants programs, the Ontario Arts Council has new funding, and more.
Read all about it in our latest Bulletin. And to keep up-to-the-minute on all the latest arts news and EC3 happenings, keep checking the EC3 Facebook page, @ECThreePtbo on Twitter, @ec3ptbo on Instagram, and the EC3 website, where we are providing daily updates on programs and services available for ACH workers and organizations.
EC3 is Hiring
Are you between 18 and 30 years old? Do you want to help plan and execute one of the true highlights of the Peterborough arts calendar? It’s a rewarding and fun project to work on, and we need a couple of dynamos to make it shine.
The Peterborough Arts Awards and Mayor’s Luncheon for the Arts are returning in 2022, and EC3 is hiring two positions to make it a reality: a Production Coordinator and a Marketing & Communications Associate. These are 8-week positions supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program, that will help EC3 staff and Board to make this iconic Peterborough event happen once again.
Save the Date: EC3 Annual General Meeting 2021
EC3’s Annual General Meeting is coming up December 2. Full announcement and per-registration for the online event coming later this week, but mark it in your calendars.
And, if you are interested in voting at the AGM, make sure your membership is up to date.
Community Investment and Project Grants
The City of Peterborough has opened applications for its Community Project Grants and Community Investment Grants programs for 2022. The Project Grants provide $250 to $1,000 for specific projects in the community, and the Investment Grants provide $1,000 to $15,000 to local organizations for more general support, including events and operating funds. The deadline for both programs is Friday, December 3, 2021 at 3 p.m. Details here.
New OAC Funding Programs
The Ontario Arts Council (OAC) has announced Career Catalyst: Project Grants for New Generation Artists, a new, one-time, $1-million grant program for professional artists aged 18 to 30. Grants are set at $2,000 each, and the application deadline is December 16, 2021. Details here.
Also keep an eye out for OAC’s Indigenous Arts Support Program, which will provide $4 million in project grants for Indigenous artists. This was announced as part of the same announcement as the young artists grant, but isn’t yet available. We will have more updates as they come in.
Upcoming Grant Deadlines
Here are some important grant deadlines coming up soon:
- Nov 09: Music Recording Projects (OAC)
- Nov 09: Northern Arts Projects (OAC)
- Nov 10: Supporting Artistic Practice: Sector Innovation and Development – Project Grants (Canada Council)
- Nov 17: Media Arts Equipment Acquisition Fund (Canada Council)
- Nov 18: Chalmers Professional Development Projects (OAC)
- Nov 24: Visual Arts Projects (OAC)
- Dec 01: Canada Cultural Investment Fund: Endowment Incentives (Canadian Heritage)
- Dec 03: Community Investment Grants and Community Project Grants (City of Peterborough)
- Dec 06: Recovery Funding for Professional Arts Presentation Organizations (Canadian Government)
- Dec 08: Arts Abroad: Circulation and Touring / Co-Productions / Residencies (Canada Council)
- Dec 08: Arts Across Canada: Circulation and Touring / Foreign Artist Tours (Canada Council)
- Dec 08: Creating, Knowing and Sharing – The Arts and Cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples: Short-Term Projects (Canada Council)
- Dec 16: Career Catalyst: Project Grants for New Generation Artists (OAC)
Trying to keep up to date on the latest arts sector news? Of course you are – you’re currently reading a newsletter titled ‘Arts Sector News Roundup.’ But if you’re looking for even more information, we suggest subscribing to the following newsletters. These are excellent resources, put out by interesting and relevant national arts service organizations, that are always packed full of useful advice, news, grant opportunities, webinar announcements, think-pieces, and more:
KEEP INFORMED, STAY IN TOUCH
As always, keep checking the EC3 Facebook page, @ECThreePtbo on Twitter, @ec3ptbo on Instagram, and the COVID-19 Updates page on EC3’s website, where we are providing daily updates on programs and services available for ACH workers and organizations.
Be safe, stay healthy, and please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Su Ditta and the EC3 Board and staff