Peterborough Arts Alive: Micro Subsistence Grants for Local Professional Artists
The Electric City Culture Council (EC3) has identified an urgent need to provide some immediate, emergency income support to individual professional artists who have lost arts-related revenue due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
The purpose of the grant is to provide some financial relief for artists with little or no income in the short term, due to cancellation of arts events, exhibitions, tours, commissions, contracts, classes, venue closures, workshops, etc.
Purpose of the Program
To provide urgent, short-term financial subsistence support to professional artists living in Peterborough and Peterborough County who have experienced a sudden loss of artistic income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a subsistence grant to support professional artists in this crisis situation.
Value of the Grant
Up to $250.00
- You are a professional artist*
- You are 18 years of age or over
*A professional artist is someone who has developed skills through education, training, or practice and who is recognized as a professional by other artists working in the same artistic tradition. Professional artists have a history of public exhibition, presentation, or publication and have received payment for their work. Individual artists working in any genre or discipline – visual arts, media arts, circus arts, theatre and performance art, dance, music, literary arts, spoken word, and interdisciplinary arts – are eligible. Students are not eligible for these micro grants.
- You are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- You have a permanent address in the City of Peterborough or Peterborough County where you reside.
- You must have received income from your work as a professional artist at some time over the past two years.
- Check out your eligibility (see above, make sure you qualify).
- Send an email to EC3 at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Confirmation that you meet each of the eligibility criteria.
- Provide your name, street address, email, and phone number(s).
- Please include a brief note describing your circumstances. How has your artistic income been impacted by the COVID-19 epidemic? If you need less than the maximum $250 please let us know.
- Please let us know how you found out about this program (Facebook, word of mouth, etc).
All applications will be kept strictly confidential.
EC3 Board, staff and contract workers may not apply.
- Applications will be assessed by a three-person panel of local arts professionals.
- Funds will be delivered by e-transfer wherever possible.
Deadline: April 27th, 2020 at 11:59pm EDT
You may apply again, if there is a second round of funding.
If you have questions or require further information please contact:
Su Ditta, Executive Director, Electric City Culture Council (EC3)
See our COVID-19 Updates page for more COVID-19 updates and resources for artists and ACH workers.