Bierk Art Fund Bursary Program for Post-Secondary Studies in the Visual Arts
- This program offered bursaries to two Peterborough high school students completing Grade 12 who plan to undertake post-secondary studies in the arts. The Bierk Art Fund Bursary Program provided two bursaries of $1000.00 each to graduating high school students in the City or County of Peterborough whose work demonstrated great promise and artistic merit and who demonstrated a serious commitment to pursuing further studies in the visual arts.
- 8 applicants. Winners were selected by a jury composed of local arts professionals through a portfolio review and interview process.
- The bursaries are presented at the Mayor’s Luncheon for the Arts, alongside the Peterborough Arts Awards.
- EC3 provided project development, delivery and reporting, and project follow-up.
- Partners contributed funds for the bursaries as well as program management expertise.
Date: May 24, 2019
Location: McDonnel Street Activity Centre as part of the Peterborough Arts Awards
Partners: Community Foundation of Greater Peterborough, Bierk Art Fund Bursaries Project, individual high school art teachers, Art Gallery of Peterborough