Application Deadline: Monday, July 26 at 11:59pm
The Electric City Culture Council (EC3) is inviting applications for the position of Festival Producer, Artsweek 2021. The fixed-term, contract position will begin ASAP and end no later than October 31, 2021. Artsweek will take place the last week of September 2021.
Artsweek is a biennial, 10-day, multi-disciplinary arts festival in Peterborough, Ontario. The Festival brings new work by local artists to new audiences and features more than one hundred artists in 30 different events. All events are free.
Artsweek 2021’s programming and presentation takes COVID 19 into consideration.
Reporting to EC3’s Executive Director and Program Coordinator, the Artsweek Festival Producer will be responsible for the overall management and successful delivery of Artsweek 2021’s programming. The Artsweek Festival Producer will be implementing an artistic program that has largely been determined, with some areas in need of further curatorial direction.
Duties will include:
- Act as the project lead for all artistic events and public outreach initiatives for Artsweek 2021
- Provide curatorial/production support for Artsweek 2021 artists and projects, including: providing feedback on in-development projects, site selection and management, installation, production and de-installation support
- Overall Festival planning and scheduling
- Manage two Canada Summer Jobs staff
- Coordinate technical, stage management and other support staff as necessary
- Oversee the development of marketing and promotional materials in conjunction EC3’s Program
- Coordinator and the Artsweek Marketing and Communications Associate
- Supervise the recruitment, training, scheduling and organizing of Artsweek 2021 volunteers with the Artsweek Associate Producer
- Work with a variety of co-production partners and project sponsors to deliver projects and events
- Ensure that all COVID-19 health and safety regulations are met
- Complete appropriate record keeping, documentation and reporting of resources, events, and exhibitions related to Artsweek 2021 projects
- Provide a detailed report and coordinate evaluation of Artsweek 2021 activities at the completion of the project
Skills and Qualifications
- Completed post-secondary education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrate outstanding related arts project production and management experience
- Experience working in an administrative capacity
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, work independently, as well as work in a team environment, set and meet deadlines, work under pressure, and exercise sound judgment in setting priorities
- Ability and capacity to work as team member in a fast-paced environment and be flexible
- Have a strong working knowledge of the contemporary arts in general and of the Peterborough arts scene in particular
- Experience working with artists and arts organizations from a variety of disciplines including arts collectives, community-based arts organizations, public galleries, artist-run centres, performing arts groups and other arts organizations an asset
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Knowledge of diverse cultural and social practices
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, social media, MailChimp; experience with both Windows and Mac OS an asset
- Graphic design and WordPress skills are an asset
- Strong commitment to community development and principles of social justice
- Ability to work from a home office
- Driver’s licence and car is an asset
The Electric City Culture Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from self-identified members of marginalized/racialized communities (visible and invisible) including Indigenous people, Deaf people, people with disabilities, new Canadians, and those identifying as LGBTQ2+.
Duration of contract
Starting ASAP, ending no later than October 31, 2021.
This is contract position paying $5,500 in three instalments.
Applications accepted by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘AW 2021 Festival Producer.’ Please include resume/CV, cover letter explaining why you are interested in and qualified for this position, and the names and contact information of three references.
EC3 Program Coordinator and Research Lead
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 11:59 PM ON MONDAY, JULY 26, 2021
Artsweek is Peterborough’s biennial, multidisciplinary festival of the arts, a celebration of art in many forms, including music, media arts, visual arts, literary arts, puppetry and kid’s programming, theatre, dance, and performance of all kinds, unfolding in public spaces and art venues across the City. Artsweek brings new work to new audiences in unexpected ways, supports original creation by local artists, and celebrates Peterborough as an innovative, creative community with a vibrant arts scene. Artsweek 2021 is produced and presented by the Electric City Culture Council (EC3).
The Electric City Culture Council is an arm’s length, not-for-profit arts organization providing programs and services that support the development and sustainability of the arts sector in Peterborough and the surrounding region.