Message from EC3
The Board and staff of EC3 send out our encouragement to all members of the Peterborough Arts, Culture and Heritage community during the COVID-19 crisis. You are all on our minds. This webpage is meant to be an arts, culture, and heritage sector focused resource centre to help you through these uncertain times.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and the impact it is having and will continue to have, on both individual artists and cultural organizations in Peterborough and the surrounding region. We are working with all three levels of government on relief and recovery initiatives and with a wide variety of non-governmental and not-for-profit service organizations, contributing ideas and information on several response efforts. We have spoken to many of you individually and heard your concerns; we share your worries.
EC3 is rolling out a number of financial and service relief and recovery programs over the next two weeks, so please monitor this website, as well as our Facebook page, @ElectricCityCC on Twitter, Insta, and our latest COVID-19 Bulletins.
This is a time when the arts are in high demand to provide comfort, creativity and connectedness, and we want to thank all of you for the virtual events and activities you are providing for the community. EC3 has initiated several communications strategies to remind people how crucial the arts are to our community’s health and wellbeing.
Please be sure to track your income loss and the impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on your organizations as of March 1, 2020. Funders need solid information to develop relief and recovery programs. In order to help us advocate on your behalf, we highly encourage you to participate in the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Arts, Culture, and Tourism worker from ArtsPond/Étang d’Arts + I Lost My Gig Canada.
For detailed information on financial assistance please review the details in our Bulletins and the Quick Links on the right side of this page, as well as information on the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), tax season information from the Canada Revenue Agency, updates to the Canada Summer Jobs program, and the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy.
Be safe, stay healthy, and please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
ED Su Ditta and the EC3 Board of Directors
EC3 in the Examiner
Read articles from EC3's series in the Peterborough Examiner.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Arts and Culture Sector in Peterborough and Beyond
Read EC3's new research report (PDF).
A photography project documenting the lives of artists during a pandemic.
Peterborough Arts Alive Fund
Strategic Recovery and Resilience Grants for local arts orgnizations.
Art Loves Pride 2020
EC3's online celebration of Peterborough Pride.
EC3 COVID-19 Bulletins
Click here to read EC3's COVID-19 Bulletins
Including arts and culture sector news, EC3 announcements, public health updates, COVID-19 recovery funding, and more.
Peterborough Arts Alive
EC3 is rolling out several programs to support individual artists and arts organizations in Peterborough and Peterborough County. More information on these initiatives TBA.
- Peterborough Arts Alive Fund for Strategic Recovery and Resilience Grants
- Conversations on Art in a Pandemic (Peterborough Arts Alive on SLACK)
- Arts in the Examiner
- Electric City Culturecast REPRISE
- Local Live Streams and Digital Events Listing
- Digital Uplift (completed)
- Micro Subsistence Grants for Local Professional Artists (completed)
- Webinar on Health and Safety Guidelines for Reopening the Arts, Culture, and Heritage Sector (completed)
- COVID-19 Roundtables: 2020, 2022
- Advisory Support Network
- Collective Reboot Initiatives
Information on COVID-19 Financial Aid
See EC3 Bulletins for more information: COVID-19 Financial Aid Updates and More Programs for Artists and ACH Workers and Organizations.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Support for Individuals
- Support for Businesses and Nonprofits
- Federal COVID-19 newsletter - April 10, 2020 (PDF)
- Imagine Canada's guide to the government's COVID-19 measures for charities, non-profits, and social enterprise
- Cody & James CPA chart of COVID-related government programs (PDF)
- Navigating COVID-19 (PDF flowchart of benefit programs, via Savino Human Resources Partners)
Government Ministries and Agencies COVID-19 Responses
Arts Service Organizations COVID-19 Responses
See EC3 Bulletins for more resources and supports for artists: COVID-19 Financial Aid Updates and More Programs for Artists and ACH Workers and Organizations.
COVID-19 Health Information
- COVID-19 resources
- Telehealth Ontario: (866) 797-0000
- Toronto Public Health Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Settings (PDF) from Public Health Ontario